- The Fowler City Council met on Monday August 28th, 2017. The meeting was called to order at 7:10 p.m. following the Budget Hearing by Mayor Brett Copeland with the following Council Members present: Dudley Strong, Mark Dierking, TJ Milford and Kendra Dowell. Also present, City Clerk Jamie Boese .
Visitors included Ashley Clerk, Faye Trent and Dean Zortman.
Dudley made a Motion to approve and adopt the 2018 Budget as the maximum expenditures for the various funds for the year 2018. Mark 2nd the Motion and Motion was carried 4-0.
- July minutes were reviewed. Dudley made a motion to approve the minutes 2nd by Mark. Motion passed 4-0.
- August 8th Special Meeting minutes were reviewed. TJ made a motion to approve minutes, Kendra 2nd and Motion carried 4-0.
- Bills reviewed. Motion to approve bills by TJ 2nd by Dudley. Motion carried 4-0.
- Ashley Clerk with Meade County Emergency Management spoke to the Council about the recent table top exercise. She expressed the importance of the Cities and County working together. She also spoke on the importance of the City to have their emergency plan in place.
- Dean Zortman was here to ask the City to help purchase new banners. Dudley made a Motion to pay for 1/4th of the banners. TJ 2nd and Motion carried 4-0.
- Faye Trent was here at the request of the Fowler Action Committee. She discussed different grants that were available to housing rehabilitation and demolition. She talked about the need for a HAT (housing assessment tool) being done. TJ stated that the Fowler Action Committee would be willing to assist the city with this project. Council discussed these possible grants and will look into them further.
UNDER CITY SUPERINDENT’S REPORT:
Brian told the Council about a firetruck that he went to look at today. The firetruck belongs to the City of Spearville. The truck is in great shape, and Spearville is asking $7500 for it. Kendra made a Motion to purchase the firetruck. Mark 2nd Motion carried 4-0 with TJ abstaining.
UNDER CITY CLERK’S REPORT
Jamie presented the financial reports.
TJ made a motion to Adjourn Mark 2nd and motion carried 4-0. Meeting adjourned at 9:30.
______________________ ____________________________________ Brett Copeland, MAYOR Jamie Boese, CITY CLERK